Powered by Blogger.

Acting

17 May 2013

If you must know, I did some acting awhile back.

My first play was when I was in Grade 3. I played the part of a leprechaun (a cute one) in the play Five Star Angel. It was really fun and, if someone were to ask me if they should join a play, I would always tell them to go for it.

I had a lot of firsts back then. It was my first time to go inside a recording studio, to wear make-up, to be on stage in front of a lot of people, to wander around the third floor of the former high school building at 8PM (to get my bag which I always leave in the classroom before I go to rehearsals. What a brave boy I was then. Just imagine wandering around the corridors in pitch darkness with no one around you and only your imagination to freak you out. That girl did look too real though...)

I did a play again when I was in Grade 6 and I was one of the lead actors. Again, I had fun but that was it.

There weren't no plays in high school (except for the classroom presentations) and I think the third time I ever got to acting again was when I was in college. By then, I totally sucked at it. The mojo was gone.

I remember playing the guy who gets lynched in one rendition of the Good Samaritan and I was trying to act sick when all I did was heave as if I was undergoing an asthma attack.

Still, it's sure nice to, you know, get back into acting even for old time's sake. But Davao City isn't that kind to adults who want to relive their childhood.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy