Powered by Blogger.

Gap Farm

02 May 2013

It's funny how things go when there's no plan.

Last May 1, my ex-office mates and I were set on a beach escapade. Yotz, Sir Ramy, Sam, and I were headed to one of  Samal's beach resorts to celebrate a birthday.

Unfortunately, luck wasn't kind to us. Before reaching the Sasa wharf, we came across a long line of vehicles and realized this was the line to the barge, the only means of transportation for our car to and from Samal Island (I got to tell you. The city of Samal needs a bridge. But that's for another post).

Out of the blue, Sam suggested we go to Gap Farm or Forest Hill instead. Sure, it's not the beach but we could still enjoy the pool. So off we went.

In another dimension, I would have flinched at the thought of going to Gap Farm but, that time, I relished it. I don't know. Maybe that's because I hadn't visited it in a long time.

To be honest, a lot of memories were made in Gap Farm: the field trips, the family outings, and the one time in college when I visited the place to take pictures for our brochure, all the while suffering from the flu amidst the heavy downpour (Nice going, group mates).

We enjoyed the pool, had lunch, strolled around the place, and just soaked the "nature". Sir Ramy had mentioned that he actually suggested this place for our summer outing, only to have his suggestion rebuffed by those who wanted someplace classier.

Sure, Gap Farm remains to be a relic of the past and I won't bet on it regaining the popularity it enjoyed before. But, like what the songs says, "Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you got till it's gone", I hope Gap Farm will still be here for my nieces and nephews to enjoy.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy