Powered by Blogger.

Bowling

26 December 2014

Bowling is fun especially when you're doing it with loved ones.

For this year, I've had the chance to go bowling with my colleagues at work, my fellow Action Group (AG) brothers in Ang Lingkod Ng Panginoon (ALNP), and my family.

Am I good? Well, at least I now score consistently above 100 for every set. But that's missing the point. 

You see, bowling is akin to the middle class version of golf. One need not be good at golf because that's not the raison d'etre why the elite are playing the game. They are playing golf as a means to bond and network with fellow businessmen or partners. The game itself is merely a tool to facilitate the activity. 

That's similar to bowling. One isn't playing the game to win (unless you're hard-core about it) but to foster camaraderie between friends and initiate conversation. I mean, why should the game feature long gaps of doing nothing between turns if not to compel people to talk to each other?

For next year, I intend to make bowling a regular part of the month. Who's with me? 

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy