Powered by Blogger.

Exit Interview

01 May 2013

The exit interview in my second company isn't really an interview. It's merely an online questionnaire aimed at providing HR with feedback on how to not screw up the next hires. 

Anyway, it's the perfect opportunity for me to explain my side of the story.

I'm pasting my answer here now because, having taken a second look at what I wrote earlier, I've considered it palatable enough to be posted. I mean, I did seem diplomatic (or restrained. Way, way too restrained) in my response to the question. In addition, I think one way of signifying closure is by putting everything out in the open (Also, Ma'am RN had pestered me then about how I answered this).

I've said to Ma'am A that after the interview, I'll shut up. I'm now reiterating that, after this post, I've deemed the matter closed. Basically, my answer is simply a rehash anyway of what I wrote earlier. Here goes:

Sent to HR last April 30, 2013:

Last March, I saw a colleague receive cash from a client and I confronted her. 

She justified this by saying that the cash gift is a token of the client's gratitude and the client insisted on giving it. She also explained that the cash is to be used to buy merienda for the department. 

 During a meeting with management, my officers told me that, despite a company policy to the contrary, it is acceptable to receive cash gifts from a client provided that it is used to benefit everyone and not just the recipient. 

In addition, according to them, instances such as these cannot be avoided and, if the client is insistent, we must accept the money to avoid offending him/her. In fact, as I would later find out, it is common practice for the department to spend cash gifts from clients on food. 

 As a resolution, the meeting ended with my officers stating what is to be done when money is received: the cash is to be coursed through management for proper disposal. 

I, however, am not convinced. My personal view is that accepting cash is never acceptable and, if received, shall be returned to the client immediately using the means available to us (ex: depositing it back to the client's account or applying the same as loan payment etc.). This should be the first option and using the money for the department's benefit isn't. 

There should be zero tolerance in matters like these. 

I am resigning because I cannot reconcile my view of the situation with that of management's opinion, knowing full well that their opinion on this situation can adversely affect the bank's image and appearance of integrity.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy