Powered by Blogger.

Happy Singles Awareness Day!

14 February 2009

While I'm writing this post in the office, snuggling couples are walking by along High Street below, whispering sweet nonsense to each other's ears. It can be a bit depressing, come to think of it, but I guess being single for the whole 21 years of my life has made the word "single" not as menacing as some see it to be.

It's Singles Awareness Day (SAD) again and the world abounds with single people who choose to be single or are downright unlucky when it comes to love. As for me, I like to think of myself as an "NGSB (No Girlfriend Since Birth) By choice" type of guy (Sad to say, in this modern era, a lot of girls can't say the same thing. It is still deemed unnatural for women to court men. But then I ask: why invite possible rejection anyway especially when a lot of men out there are jerks? But I'm already digressing...).

Now that I don't have a date and I'm all alone in the office (save for some die-hard accountant ladies doing the audit for my company), what's the next best thing I can do to save this day? Hmmm. But of course! Talk about love!

Hypothetical Scenario: If I had a girlfriend, what are the romantic, cheesy things that I'll be willing to do for her on Valentine's day?

1.) Got this from my previous dentist in Davao who also cultivated orchids- Give her flowers. But not just any type of flower bought from a nearby kiosk or flower shop. I'll give her a tulip (or whatever flower she likes) that I purposely cultivated in my backyard for a year, all in the hope that on Valentine's day, I could give it to her.

2.) Got this from Kit- Set up a date in Shrine Hills, Davao City, where we'll lay a banig on the grassy hillside and just stare at the starlit sky and talk all night.

3.) Got this from Kit also- Send her love letters through post mail or LBC a la The Notebook.

4.) Got this from My Sassy Girl- Bury a time capsule, with all the heartfelt messages of love, and dig it up on the eve of Valentine's day

5.) Got this from The Mona Lisa- Use my extraordinary skills in drawing to paint her a portrait of her face (by the way, she does look like The Mona Lisa, Pinay version). There'll be no cheating for this: no Photoshop/Gimp, or any other fancy graphics or gimmickry. Just plain talent and, well, love.

6.) Got this from Mama and Papa- Stay at home and just talk. Or go to some lonely restaurant away from the kids and talk some more.

7.) Got this from a friend- Write her a bedtime story, complete with a book full of graphics and preschool sentences, about Prince Charming (Who is Prince Charming? I wonder...) and, obviously, the lovely Princess.

8.) Got this from Ryan Agoncillo- Give her a scrapbook of sepia tone or black and white photographs of her looking over the beach.

9.) Got this from Nacho Libre- Compose a song for her, sing it to her on Valentine's day, complete with bedroom voice and a stud guitar, all the while praying that she doesn't break out in fits of laughter.

10.) Got this from somewhere I don't remember- Call her up and start talking about this girl you met in college, who really struck your heart and changed your miserable life for the better. Ask for some counselling from her about what to do with this girl all the while aware that both of you know the girl is her.

Ok. I think that's it for me. Good night (Jeesh. I didn't know being cheesy is hard work). If you have other brilliant ideas, please let me know.

3 comments:

Adobobo said...

Excuse me while I gag.

Haha. Atik lang Pao. Halaaaa!!!! Mura'g kaila lagi ko aning kay 'Mona Lisa' Pao. Tsk2. Tama pa lagi ko ba.

blueknight's sketches said...

Haha..I think kilala ko din. Is she a law student now? Hmm...

Lemuel Kit said...

sinu si Mona Lisa? Sino sya?

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy