Powered by Blogger.

100

10 December 2012

In the game Sims, you have this overall game objective, the lifetime wish, which your sim pursues. Your sim might find fulfillment in being a millionaire, or become a spy, and so on. In exchange for accomplishing these, you get to enjoy some perks along the way. It's nice to know that, in this sense, the game manages to capture the essence of our living: we are animated by one overriding desire or goal, without which our life would cease to have meaning.

As for me, I think I stumbled upon it already. The realization didn't come as an instant epiphany though but was a gradual unveiling through the years, like piecing together the various jigsaw puzzle pieces of my life to make a coherent picture.

However, unlike the Sims, mine aims to help others but is, in the first place, predicated on my own financial success. And it's not original too since many before me have done similar things in their lives and have watched the results.

I want to have a hundred of my scholars graduate college.

That's it.

And if, at the twilight of my years, I will have achieved this then I'll see to it that another hundred will graduate before I die. As to how I'm going to do it, I still don't know (that's the hard part actually). Yet I'm still happy that I think I know now what I'm supposed to do and what will make my life worthwhile: I want to support a hundred scholars and I want to see them march on graduation day. 

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy