Powered by Blogger.

Comfort-less Room

14 March 2009

Last night, I got stuck. Literally.

I was taking a leak in the comfort room of our office and I accidentally closed the door. It turned out the knob was faulty and I could not open it from the inside.

I tried calling out loudly to anyone, anyone at all. Unfortunately, our office was composed of two big rooms separated by a wall. The first room is where the office really is and the second room is a desolate space where the comfort rooms are. Even if I did scream my lungs out, nobody would have heard me from the other room.

Then I heard voices from beyond, voices from the construction men working on the office beside ours. I tried calling them to no avail (They probably heard me but were probably too apathetic to act upon my calls).

So I decided to be creative. What would McGyver do? I scoured the comfort room for something. The trick, I thought, was to remove the knob. So I got out my room key and tried using it as a driver to un-screw the knob (didn't work). I found some wiring and tried that as well (didn't work). I spotted the mop and just decided to break it (but I figured in the last second that the mop's wooden handle cannot possibly destroy the knob). The last thing I did was climb up the ceiling, hoping to get across so I could climb down to the ladies' room and go home.

Then I heard voices; the construction workers again. I called them up and this time, I made sure they wouldn't ignore me. I told them to get the guard and open the freakin' door.

It did work and my vigil was over after 30 minutes. So what then is the moral of the story? That one I have to figure out. Hmmm...

4 comments:

blueknight's sketches said...

Next time check if the door knob is faulty.

Junkie. said...

Or carry a screwdriver with you wherever you go.

Lemuel Kit said...

this sounds like one of the scenes i heard about in the movie SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE...

Dom Cimafranca said...

Always bring a book. That 30 minutes could have been put to good use.

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy