Powered by Blogger.

Please Lang

09 December 2012

Dear Fr. Pabillo,

First of all, let me just say that I, as a trying-hard Catholic, is utterly dismayed over the series of shenanigans done by the clergy in its opposition to the RH Bill. 

Don't get me wrong; I am against the RH Bill for reasons I've disclosed in my past posts. 

But to compel or bully the Congress to not vote for it by playing on their fears of losing in the coming elections is nothing short of appalling. To campaign against the bill is acceptable but to openly hoodwink politicos into submission by suggestions of political sabotage is sheer manipulation. Truly, this is not the church that I know.

Now you add to my misery. Let me repeat to you what you've said.

In an article by Christine Herrera, you commented on Typhoon Pablo and its possible insinuation:

“I don’t know if that’s a coincidence or if God has a message for us that if we discuss this (RH Bill), much suffering will be brought down upon us."

You further added that tragedies happen whenever lawmakers push for the RH bill.

Oh. My. Gosh.

What kind of irresponsible statement is this? Aside from the fact that it is logically flawed, your words reek of arrogance and confidence at having triumphantly discerned God's so-called "Will": that the deliberations on the RH Bill are intimately tied with Typhoon Pablo, God's "tool for vengeance" against the enemies of the Church. 

Well then, how do you explain your statement to the thousands who are now stranded across the flooded plains of Compostela Valley? To the many theologians who are now shaking their heads at your naivety? To the many Catholics disappointingly crushed at such insolent and self-defeating remarks?

Please lang.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy