Powered by Blogger.

Rej Purple

16 November 2010

Hi Rej,

As promised, I'm writing you a blog post (If you were wondering, this is really a November post so people won't be reading this unless they intentionally sift through my 2010 list).

Anyway, I think I've said whatever I needed to say. We had the team building for that and the occasional chitchat. Also, I think I've said goodbye to you already often enough so you don't need me reminding you again. Reminding you that we're no longer office mates. Reminding you that we're not going to be saying hellos every day anymore.

It's a shame really, with you leaving. Just affirming what Ma'am Beth said, you had the aura of an officer in the making. In my free rides with Noelle, we could imagine you, even "smell" you becoming one. It was just a matter of time (I'm a firm believer of Ma'am Beth's desire to make officers out of everyone of us). But I guess patience isn't exactly one of the best attributes of our batch.

But then again, Rej, I'm proud of you and this is thanks to that one memorable car ride. At first, I thought I had a shot at making you stay. Let's just say I felt inclined to help Noelle by changing your mind. I had the script already: I could play the "Jing" card, making you feel like you owed it to your boyfriend to stay with us, or I could convince you to stay until a job offer finds its way home.

However, after that ride, you had me agreeing with you that you should leave. Your reason wasn't petty; it was downright serious. It was integrity, your integrity was on the line, and that was why you had to go. I certainly could respect that and that's why I'm so proud of you.

Just to share, I had the opportunity to hear the life story of a broker of ours last year. She had worked in COA before (or was it in the BIR?) but eventually she had to resign. Her reason? She couldn't stomach anymore the corruption in these offices and she had neither the power nor the influence to change things for the better ( I was also "corrupted" in a good way because of what she shared; I made sure her account got booked as fast as we could).

Why am I saying this? Well, because your decision mirrors these woman's ideals. And sometimes, ideals demand sacrifices (Although, in your case, I think you consider your resignation more as a sigh of relief). And, lastly, sacrifices are only done by those who know what they want and what they stand for.

Rej, I don't know where you're going. But please do maintain the character that you are when you were with us. I'm going to be missing you. Just like the rest of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pao,touch naman talaga ako.. thank you so much. Never ko talaga naisip or naimagine na magiging ofismates tayo AS IN. You are just some Paolo Bataller before, pero now na we've become close friends..ikaw na yung "PAOLO BATALLER" na nakilala ko sa ofis at naging matalik kong frend. I'm impatient,that's true. But yes,I stand firm for my values...gaya nung sa Team Bldg,I never gave in to the hug2x thingy. Thank you for believing in me and my potential,kayo ni Noelle. You're my "wings" sa ofis kasi you lift me up. char! I also "smell" the officer in you haha. I do hope what you smell is "pleasant" haha! I can't thank you enough..super. Take care and I also know your "dream/s"...continue reaching for the stars. God bless!

Anonymous said...

CHAR! PAOLO!!!! YOU THE MAN! I-print ni Rej, Puede pang-character reference. heh heh. Uu, definitely not easy letting you go, Rej! still in denial. I was a surprise of your decision... thought you were pulling a prank. But, you're hard core, no stopping you on your mission. (sigh) Oh, well, you know we're still FRIENDS! won't say the same s**t again 'cause I know you're fed up. (are you? hihi.), won't get emotional again. Hay, Rej, It was A-W-E-S-O-M-E with you. Don't worry, I'll take good care of Paolo. I'll try my best to whore him up, unleash the beast in him. hehe, make him go over the dark side and everything wicked. hahahaha! So Fun!
See you around, Rachel Bils. uuuy. Bukad atay ni manay. XOXOxoxoxoxXOXOXOxoxoxXOXOXO

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy