Powered by Blogger.

Say What?!

22 November 2010

Scene 1

I'm in Blugre. I'm with my officers and some office mates. It's the third part of Ma'am Jo's despedida party. Then, a man comes along and joins us at the table. Presumably, he's a former colleague since Ma'am Beth and the rest know him. He makes small talk. Then, Ma'am Q also drops by our table. She's in MTS after Ma'am Glen's wedding earlier that afternoon. The man says, "Unsa mani inyong gipangkuha? Tiguwang naman." Presumably, he just uttered an inside joke. Ma'am Q doesn't smile. Apparently, the rest of the women in our group are also not amused. I form my fist, not knowing what to do.

Scene 2

I'm beside my desk. The office is in a state of controlled chaos, due to the renovation. Three workers are busy putting on a tarpaulin to cover the windows. Two are rather old men while the third guy approaches me and says, "Kini mga lalake (nani) dili na maka-rape ke mahina na." I turn away, saying, "Gago."


Scene 3

Still in the office. Then, Clari says, out of the blue, "Kumusta kagabi Sir Ram? Nakapick-up kayo?" Sir Ram wisely lets the remark go unanswered. But Clari persists asking several times before letting the issue go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Say whatt???? !!!!! Scene 3....
ano kaya ang pinik-up? hhhmmmmmm... saan ba pwedeng mag pick-up? nang maka pick up din.

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy