Powered by Blogger.

Videoke

15 January 2011

Sometimes, I wish I were more musically inclined. Those times are when I'm holding a microphone in my hands as I barely utter the words shown on a television screen amidst the din of the speakers put on full blast.

As it turns out, I love videoke but singing isn't really a talent for me. Sometimes, I wish it was but I guess, at 23, it's too late to develop a a good, singing voice. Maybe, singing lessons would help but I'm pretty much stuck in low pitch just the same (a quality made less endearing by the emergence of more complicated, "birit" songs).

One thing I love about videoke is that expectations for such a public event are quite so low. No one expects you to carry out an engaging conversation (which is almost impossible given the insane noise); no one expects you to put your best foot forward; and, finally, no one expects you to sing well, except if you're one of those people who feel it's their duty to show the world they're the next singing sensation.

But still, the urge to sing well remains and it surfaces every time someone nudges the microphone at my direction. Maybe later, the feeling will eventually vanish and maybe then, videoke wouldn't feel so harsh, just more fun.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy