Powered by Blogger.

Writing Projects 2011

09 January 2011

Okay. It's January and I have resolved to jump start my writing career, if I ever had one. As Nike had put it: Just do it. Just write and stop procrastinating.

Here's my list of things to do before this year ends:

1.) Fulfill my promises - Last year, I promised that I'll be finishing 12 blog posts per month. Right now, I'm down to 25 posts so far so I'm not finished with 2010 just yet. Like what I mentioned in a previous post, expect more write-ups popping up in my November and December 2010 "archives". That's me finishing stuff I should have finished a long time ago.

2.) Write The Unofficial Idiot's Guide on How To Be A Housing Loans Marketing Assistant: The Davao Business Center Edition - Yep, you read it right. But that's the tentative title of course. I got the idea from Reggie who also thought of making a manual for the people who will be replacing her. Basically, this book will be an act of charity; I don't want the newbies to "suffer" like I did so they better read my book. Or else. The problem here is the editorial work, since definitely, the manuscript cannot be read by outsiders lest I violate HR guidelines and end up getting fired. But I'll figure that out later.

3.) Write the freakin' brochure against backyard burning - It's over a year and what? I haven't come around to doing this yet. Jeesh. This will be my first all-Bisaya write-up so it's a bit daunting.

4.) Write the screenplay for "The Week of the Whales" - I love this book and its author, Sir Leoncio Deriada. In my untrained mind, I also think the book and its short stories can be successfully adapted to film. I have to seek the author's approval at first (does anyone know how to contact him?) but I guess I could start working on this project already.

5.) Write two short stories and three poems - That's my quota for the year.

6.) Write twelve blog posts per month - My blog has been my primary medium so far. I resolve to still write twelve posts per month even if it means having to deal with backlogs come 2012.

Good luck to me!

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy