Powered by Blogger.

Best Of Both Worlds

02 January 2011

Yep. Hannah Montana had it going then, back when Miley Cyrus was still innocent to the core.

In the show, the protagonist could manage to switch from all-star fame to normal anonymity because of her two dual personalities. She could enjoy the perks of being a celebrity and still manage a stress-free life being a nobody afterwards.

In my case, or in the case of my family, the same thing can be said. We live in Davao City but we also hail from Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, thanks to my mom. On one hand, I get to enjoy the life of a city dweller. On the other, I get to enjoy strolling down farm roads and embracing the life of the rural countryside. It's a blissful existence, if you ask me, and it took me several years before I realized that this was a blessing.

When I was young, I remember dreading the time when we had to go back to Davao. I loved Nabunturan and my playmates/cousins were there. Davao city meant school and chores while Nabunturan meant fun and playtime. Then, the attitude shifted. I wanted Nabunturan to be like Davao, with its beaches and its malls. Maybe, I just wanted the people of the town to enjoy what it was like to be in the city, hence the desire.

Fortunately, these were brief moments. And I got used to simply cherishing Nabunturan for its rustic charm all the while appreciating Davao and its varied lifestyles. Ok, diba?

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy