Powered by Blogger.

Happy New Year Pao

02 January 2011

So there goes New Year's Eve.

I probably had the most eventful way of greeting 2011. But maybe that's the sarcastic me trying to downplay my bad luck.

What really happened was an unexpected "blessing": a natural laxative that got me visiting the toilet bowl more often than I should.

It started around dinner of December 31. My sister and I were fresh off from the bus and I already started feeling tummy aches. I dismissed these symptoms, citing that I had too much to eat during lunchtime or these had to do with our bus ride to Nabunturan. So I ate. And then I got sick.

Something was bothering me so I was forced to lie down. I had to miss New Year's Eve Mass because I didn't feel like going. Then, finally, my brother shot a no-brainer advice suggesting I take a dump, if it would make me feel better. So I did. And then I got sicker.

From then on till dawn, my bedtime was punctuated by visits to the comfort room. I just got hit with my worse case yet of diarrhea. I tried to think of the probable areas where I could have gotten this but that was just me trying to control what was an uncontrollable situation.

On the next day, January 1, I felt better but the aches in the tummy were still there. Also, I had a slight fever so there were aches in my bones too. There was no open pharmacy so I had to go with the flow until I get a shot at a Loperamide pill. And so, for the second straight night, I had to sit on the throne several times once more.

Some would regard this as a bad omen. Yes, it really does seem like it. Getting sick on the first day of the year is no way to greet 2011. But I have to be realistic, of course. Year in and year out, there are always bad things that happen to us all throughout the year. And there are a lot of good things that do happen to us as well. Perhaps, in the cosmic fabric of the universe, my unlucky period probably is my destiny, welcoming the better things to come.

Happy new year to us all.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy