Powered by Blogger.

Yearend Review: Finances

27 December 2014

With a new job came a salary bump. Of course, with the increase in salary came a host of additional expenses. For the third time, I started installment payments on a life insurance policy (thanks Bro Rommel!). I also purchased a new laptop and renewed my phone plan for another two years. I volunteered to help out in the payment of a big family debt. My expenses skyrocketed along with my increased participation in my community's activities. Also, I shelled out money initially in almost all of my sales trips this year.

But, over all, my financial prognosis is good. I end the year with no debt on my credit card or anywhere else. I manage to save small sums of money for my favorite investment vehicles. I did set up a budget way back January and, though I've strayed every month, my deficits were manageable.

I didn't however start installment payments on a property I paid reservation for. In fact, I abandoned the purchase since I couldn't afford it in the light of new payables (e.g. "family debt"). Still, the setback was an opportunity to give more through charity.

For next year, I resolve to be more fiscally responsible. I aim to reduce even further my expenses and to stick to my budget for once. I also plan to give more.

One other thing I resolve to do next year is to hustle. Since I'm not going to go back to law school anytime soon, I intend to start again another business next year. I plan to be more serious with my real estate brokerage practice. Mervin and I are going to discuss in detail how to go about launching the market research agency we've been talking about. I feel that another little side project is in order.

Over all this, I still pray not only for a bigger capacity to give but also for a generous heart to go with the blessings. I'm hoping things pan out as planned.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy