Powered by Blogger.

StayFocusd

25 December 2014

This is the ultimate remedy: I installed StayFocusd in my Google Chrome browser.

StayFocusd is an app that restricts my access to chosen websites. Right now, the app allows me only a total of ten minutes daily to access Facebook, Youtube, and 9gag. When I report for work next year, I plan to include Grantland, Digg, NBA, and other websites to my list of "banned" sites.

Why am I doing this? That's because I have the most convincing symptom of an Internet addict: I "involuntarily" spend an inordinate amount of time browsing the net. 

I also want to be more productive with my time and that means forcefully shutting off my own tendencies. Internet marathon browsing is one of those.

Good luck to me.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy