Powered by Blogger.

Yearend Review: Family

29 December 2014

Good news: We have a new member in the family. She's Sophia, my niece.
Bad news: Surprise family debt.

It's just money, some would say. But it also points to a new reality that we have to live with. Our reality now involves the fact that my parents' retirement plans have been compromised, our family's name (yep, our reputation) is no longer as it was, and the family's finances will be bleaker than usual. Still, it's just money.

Admittedly, I've been busy avoiding the brunt of the bad news by being busy in other places, notably in Lingkod. 

Still, when I had my dinner with Bro Mon, Lingkod's national director, he had this to say about family. I shared to him about my desire to leave again the family home (for the third time). He suggested instead that my current situation, staying with my parents, is an opportunity to bring my family closer.

For awhile now, I've observed that all of us have grown old and have grown apart. They say that this trend is inevitable but I beg to differ.

I resolve that, next year, I'll help knit the family back together. As to how, that's something I have to ponder for the meantime.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy