Powered by Blogger.

Online Evangelization

25 December 2014

Several months ago, Rechie, a fellow brother in Ang Lingkod Ng Panginoon, told me I was going to be part of the branch's online evangelization effort.

At first, I wasn't keen on the assignment. I wasn't the typical freak who was online all the time. All I had then (and even now) was a Facebook and Blogger account. I wasn't interested in Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or all those other social media tools.

But the idea grew on me and I was especially infected by the enthusiasm of not only Rechie but also the rest of the guys who would form the team: Chamee, Mel, Olive, and Jepoy.

Honestly, I still have to get the gist of the team's mission vis-a-vis the other ministries of the branch. But I already know what I hope will happen. During one of our initial meetings, I mentioned that I wanted something to go viral for the Lord. As to what that is, I don't know yet but, rest assured, given His Providence, we will figure that out.

My concern as of the moment is how we could build the necessary foundation in the community for such a creative spark to occur.

There's a saying that goes: "Ritualize the mundane to make way for the brilliant". In line with this idea, the first step, I think, is to make everyone comfortable about online evangelization. This could mean different things to different people. This might mean finding ways to exhort and sustain those who are already evangelizing online. This can also mean increasing the comfort level of those who have yet to post a single tweet or update online about God, Christianity, or the Church.

It's my hope that, after this is done, the community will be ready for bigger things and more ambitious ideas.

Clearly, I'm excited about what's going to happen next year.

To God be the glory.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy