Powered by Blogger.

Frisbee

19 May 2014

Frisbee. This is what compelled me to wake up early after just four hours of sleep on a Saturday morning.

I was stricken by curiosity when Jiron and Pope mentioned about this weekend activity by the Lingkod ng Panginoon during Friday's prayer meeting. So I woke up at 4:30 the following morning, rode the jeep to St. Francis Church in Ma-a, and jogged the rest of the way to Crocodile Park.

I probably arrived at 6:30 AM in the field where we will play (which was simply an unimproved yet grassy residential block). Pope gave me my first lesson on Frisbee and focused the discussion on throwing backhand. Then, after an hour or so, other members from the community began trickling in and what followed was a group mini-drill on throwing and catching the Frisbee.

Eventually, after a brief (okay. not-so-brief) orientation by Pope on the mechanics, the game followed. And boy:

IT WAS FUN.

It was actually quite funny because, since most of us were novices, nobody ever thought of cooking up a strategy. The best that came up was immortalized by the phrase "man-to-man" where each was responsible for guarding a single opponent a la basketball. But, for the rest of the time, it was simply us running ourselves haggard across the field (to be fair, some semblance of strategy did occur at some point in the game but this was rare).

I had to stop though because I was wheezing. Some pointed out that my face was really red from the exertion but I'd like to think that it was the sun. Had it not been so sunny, I could have played all day long. But that's just me fantasizing.

Till next Saturday. Peace.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy