Powered by Blogger.

The Feast

01 May 2014

I finally attended the Feast.

Sir Chris, a colleague, invited me yesterday to join them at the CAP Auditorium. Although I was part of another community, I honored the invitation to see the Light of Jesus (the group organizing the Feast) in action.

I don't know if this was the flow for every event but we did start off with a mass. After which came the talk which, in turn, was followed by a praise and worship session.

When I first stepped inside the function hall, I was surprised by how few of us were there. The venue could accommodate around two hundred people but only fifty were around that night. It was also evident that the people who were there didn't know the entire group, preferring to huddle closely with their friends or families. I was a stranger, with no companion, so I opted to occupy an entire row by myself and observe the rest.

What impressed me the most about the Feast was their music ministry. It totally brought back memories of my Youth For Christ days. The Light of Jesus community in CAP featured capable singers and musicians with complete band equipment to boot. I've said back in the past that music indeed plays a very big role in evangelizing and the music ministry delivered that night. The songs were new and really apt for praise and worship. The worship leader and the band had flow and were never disjointed. Plus, the guitarist shredding it at several moments was pretty cool too. Hands down, the music ministry made it very conducive to praise and worship God.

I was also amazed at the speaker, Eric. The guy had charisma and delivered his talk with smiles all through out. Though the content of his talk was intentionally watered down (he described the mass using pop culture references which, I believe, still failed to encapsulate the richness of the Eucharist), he delivered it with such fervor that his enthusiasm was infectious.

All in all, it was a great experience and perhaps lit a fire or two inside me. God willing, I may be back again for the next session. To Him be the glory always.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy