Powered by Blogger.

Exhortation

18 May 2014

It was all Him.

Last Friday, I led my first exhortation during the prayer meeting of Lingkod Ng Panginoon.

It was my first "speaking engagement" since January and I was admittedly a bit rusty in public speaking. Plus, my stage fright came back with a vengeance and I never did calm my nerves down until the last minute.

Still, everything went well and I was surprised at how easily I spoke when the moment came. I started off with a story I found the other night, then connected it to the Gospel reading for that day, then finally used both materials to invite everyone for the praise and worship portion of the meeting.

That night, some brothers like Jess and Rommel affirmed my service with the consensus that I had "flow" and that my jitters were not evident. But I was the first to admit that it was all because of the tips the same guys gave me (the workshop did help, too). 

It was also because of Him, who gave me the words. I mean, despite who I was before, I could have easily dissolved into meaningless blabber and inchoate statements. But I didn't. I could have just said I wasn't emotionally or even spiritually ready (which I really was) but I didn't.

It's times like these, however small, that reminds me of a reality bigger than me.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy