Powered by Blogger.

So What's News?

11 May 2014

I've been following this website for sometime now. It's part of my daily feed.

The site is an aggregation of satirical pieces presented as "news" in the line of its US counterpart, The Onion.
Though most pieces sport jokes that are crude and obvious (probably to dissuade the more stupid among us that what the authors are saying are merely fiction), there are also gems which leave me impressed; I mean, if I hadn't known it came from this site, I'd never know that article isn't true. Some works are that clever.

I've had a lot of fun reading the "news" articles. But the hobby had also got me thinking how inextricably infantile our political system is. Reading these fictionalized essays ironically hammers home the reality that our government is hopelessly inutile (and I don't even consider myself a pessimist).

Here's the link to the site, So What's News?

As usual, enjoy, laugh, and weep for our mother country.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy