Powered by Blogger.

The Big Bang Theory

16 September 2012

I have to confess that I'm hooked. First, there was House, then Bones, then the 70's show, then finally this. The Big Bang Theory. Another TV show addiction is blooming in my life.

My fascination with the show started less than a month ago. There had been several posts in 9gag about the show but I found one so humorous that I was finally intrigued. I went over the fan sites and I was even more curious. So I watched the pilot episode and I fell in love with the characters.

Sheldon is the stereotypical nerd who is socially aloof and ignorant of popular culture. Leonard is his roommate who has a die-hard infatuation with Penny. Penny is the next-door neighbor who is not only pretty and gorgeous but is the guru of the two when it comes to social conventions. Also entering into the picture are the cast of friends: Raj, Howard, and Leslie Winkle (Is she a friend? Or an opportunistic Machiavelli?), who each bring their own idiosyncrasies into every scene. Fascinating.

Though I'm not a genius, I could easily identify with the protagonists. I admit that I've had lapses when dealing with norms and there are times when I come out as either insensitive or ignorant. One other reason why I love the show is because Penny is so cute even if she's not trying to be (To digress, I believe it was a decision straight from the producers to have Penny clad in shorts and tank tops in almost every episode. They are probably thinking that move would make the show more appealing to the male audience. I think it works).

Right now, I'm nearing the end of Season 2 and I'm looking forward to Season 3. Though the novelty has worn off, the show still manages to make me laugh with every episode.  

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy