Powered by Blogger.

Praying For Someone

30 September 2012

Have you prayed for someone? Have you prayed for a person who is not a family member? Or even a close friend?

Back in college, I prayed for Denise. I prayed that she be happy. It came after her tearful sharing during our recollection concerning a personal incident which she regretted. I prayed for her for several days during my daily morning prayer. I don't know if it worked but the last time I checked she's married already and is living abroad. That must be her version of happiness but, then again, I'm being presumptuous.

I've also prayed for my crushes. But not the type of prayer you would expect from someone infatuated to the core. I simply prayed for their happiness. If that happiness involved me being part of their lives, then that's not my call. So I kept it simple: "Lord, I pray that whoever-she-is will be happy." 

Now, I'm still trying to insert a prayer for someone during my daily ritual.  It's a practice that has humbled me enough to think that it's really not about me. It's also a refreshing change of perspective; the wish for another person's happiness is something which, for me, invigorates my soul.

Have you prayed for someone lately?

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy