Powered by Blogger.

Thinking About My Lovelife (Or The Absence Thereof)

11 August 2012

My younger sister had once remarked to my Ate that she was the only hope for her to have a pamangkin (niece/nephew). That was because all three of her brothers didn't have girlfriends and weren't frantically looking for one either.

My mother, on the other hand, had noticed this fact way earlier and had questioned me every once so often if I was seeing someone. I would always have the same answer ("No") and every time I answered this question, I always felt a bit relieved that I was born a boy and a bit guilty that the world could be so unfair to the opposite sex.

For the record, my younger sister was right and wrong. Rayray was admittedly dating someone, a fact he revealed one Sunday morning during my mother's subtle inquisitions. Bulec, my other younger brother, was in love with "Acer" and another computer which he had painstakingly assembled. I, for one, am in love with myself and the problem with that is it leaves me little time to look for a worthy competitor to my attention.

Just kidding.

The truth is that maybe Cupid did leave me behind. As I've explained to others, who pitied me enough to ask me why I never had a girlfriend, I have never had any moment in my life when I felt so driven to date or court a girl. Sure, I had crushes but I have never graduated beyond infatuation nor have craved to go beyond the initial attraction.

Perhaps, that's because having a girlfriend was and is never among my priorities. Or maybe an inferiority complex is what I have, subconsciously stopping me from going any further because I know I'm not yet the man. Or maybe my desire to still be a priest has made me for resolute to remain single.

Or maybe I just can't move on from the fact that my ultimate crush is now married to someone else.

Just kidding. I made that one up.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy