Powered by Blogger.

Testify Chronicles: Letter To The Baby I Killed

17 August 2012

An excerpt from the Testify Chronicles

My dearest child,

I don't know how to even begin to tell you how so very sorry I am for killing you. I don't know what came over me. When your mother told me she was pregnant, I lost my mind. I thought only of myself. How my studies would be affected. How my freedom would be gone. How my style would be cramped. How my future would be ruined. How my parents would kill me.

I told your mom to get rid of you. To kill you. I told her that you were not yet a person, that you were just a blob of blood, that it was best for her that we solved the problem that you were to us. And I brought her to this place where this old woman stabbed you with this piece of metal. Your mom screamed. I heard her. You must have screamed too. I didn't hear you. But it is your scream that keeps on echoing in my mind every day and every night.

Forgive me, my precious one. I pray to GOD to keep you, protect you, take good care of you and give you the love I was too selfish to give. Forgive me, my sweet and beloved baby. Forgive me even though I am the most undeserving of it.

And sleep, my cherished one. Sleep the slumber of the innocent. Sleep the peace that I seek to find for myself but can't seem to have. And pray for me too, my darling child. I know that GOD will listen to your prayer and forgive me for the unspeakable horror I've done...

Dad

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy