Powered by Blogger.

Testify Chronicles: I Am A Man Because... (Part IV)

17 August 2012

An excerpt from the Testify Chronicles

I have a healthy love for myself but do not indulge in acts of vanity, which can only succeed in cheapening my body. I may have rebellious hair and a big nose. My face may have more craters than the moon. My fats may be bigger than my muscles. I may not be defined as a hunk.

I reject false pride and self-conceit. Selflessness and humility are the paths I struggle hard to follow for these are the paths that bring me closer to God.

I free my mind from evil thoughts and strive hard to focus on what is pleasing to God. Therefore, I say no to anything that pollutes my mind. I choose movies to watch, music to hear, books to read, places to go.

I desire peace. Violence is not the language of my manhood. I reject war. I choose the path of peace and of love because this is the path of Jesus.

I have self-control. My flesh does not have power over me. I have dominion over it. My thorns in the flesh I bear with humility and joy, in total surrender to Him who has the power and dominion over me.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy