Powered by Blogger.

Testify Chronicles: I Am A Man Because... (Part III)

17 August 2012

An excerpt from the Testify Chronicles

I have the grace to see a woman as whole and complete even if she were no longer a virgin. A woman does not lose any of her potentials to be a good wife just because she already lost her virginity.

I court a girl to get to know her better with the end in view of finding out if she's God's personal gift to me. I do not court a girl just because I don't have better use of my time, or because she has nice legs, or because she has a crush on me.

I court a girl with the willingness to commit and the ability to sacrifice and give of myself and not just because I'd like to collect and parade her around like I do my car or my laptop or my new cellphone.

My idea of fun are activities that liberate and not enslave me. They give me eternal joy, not momentary pleasures. They bring out what is godly and not what is beastly in me. They make come closer and farther away from my God.

I do not allow myself to defile my body, which is the temple of the Spirit. Therefore, I do not smoke. I do not get drunk or stoned. I am not a glutton. I eat right. I sleep right. I keep fit for the fight.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy