Powered by Blogger.

"You Look Familiar"

08 February 2014

I've had people tell me this since I was young.

I don't know if I should be flattered or alarmed that I have such a common face. Every now and then, people approach me and say that I look like someone they know. Usually, it's a friend I remind them of but, sometimes, it's someone they'd rather not see again (then the awkward part commences).

Most of the time, this is a blessing. Some friendships I've had started with the other person telling me "na kanahung lagi nimo akong kaila" (you look like someone I know). In these situations, that's the first connection I have with them and, eventually, my friendlier side catches up and we begin a long and fantastic conversation. 

So, yes, I don't have a handsome face. But my genes somehow made up for this by giving me a face you can remember. 


No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy