Powered by Blogger.

The Bible Ad

08 February 2014

I'm not sure if I should be impressed or disturbed.

This bible was given to me by Sir Jun during one of our sessions in the recently concluded Comprehensive Real Estate Service (CRES) seminar:

 Front

Back

Close-up

I am impressed that the Philippine Bible Society found a creative way to fund their campaign to distribute bibles to the masses: it turned to corporate sponsors to help in the mission.

On the other hand, I am disturbed that the bible is no longer free from corporate advertising or beyond the reach of product placement. If I am a Muslim and a company places a logo on my copy of the Quran, I might probably gnash my teeth, tear my clothes, and yell, "Kill the infidels!"

Deep down, I feel that this - the placement of an ad on the bible - is sacrilege. But I also know that, before this bible even went to press, it has gone through levels upon levels of decision makers who know more theology than I do. If it has the blessing of an archbishop or something, then perhaps this is permissible under Church law. Who am I to question then?

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy