Powered by Blogger.

Sleepless

08 February 2014

I'm never doing that again. 

The week is drawing to a close and it is memorable for many reasons, chief of which is this: no sleep. 

Last night, Friday, I had the best sleep I had in days. But to truly appreciate why, let me give a rundown of what happened earlier:

Wednesday    
Woke up at 3AM after three hours of sleep (12 midnight to 3AM)
Slept for 30 minutes inside PLDT's clinic over lunch

Thursday   
Slept for about an hour inside a bus bound for Tagum city
Slept for two hours inside a travelers' lodge
Slept again for 30 minutes over lunch

Friday  
Slept an hour inside another bus bound for Tagum city
Slept another hour (I think) on an empty bench beside NBI Tagum city
Finally had some shuteye in the afternoon, by 4PM, after more than three days of action

Why? That's because I tried to get an NBI clearance for an entire week (which I'll narrate in another post).The bottom line is that getting by every day without sleep is no way to live: by Friday, headaches were pulsating every second or so and I was feeling dizzy and irritated.

This isn't the first time I had to do with little or no sleep but it is the longest period yet. Some people fantasize or even boast of marathon feats of endurance such as days of nonstop work fueled by caffeine and sheer willpower. I am not one of those guys. For me, having gone through the same ordeal, there's nothing heroic about shunning the bed. It's stupid and it's to be avoided at all costs.

That's the lesson right there.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy