Powered by Blogger.

Becoming A Real Estate Broker

08 February 2014

Today, my batch, Curvature 2014, had our graduation rites. We finally finished the Comprehensive Real Estate Service (CRES) seminar after six crammed weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) of whole-day lectures.

After this, all of us will be going through PRC purgatory to register for the licensure examination and will study until March. It will be grueling work: memorizing details and names, internalizing statutes and regulations, mastering computations and equations on taxes and assessments, and remembering the most trivial data on current affairs.

But we asked for this: the interrupted weekends otherwise spent for family and rest, the nightly study sessions, and the inevitable procession in the government's various offices. We asked for this because we wanted to be a part of an industry which has spawned countless fortunes and has uplifted many lives.

For my part, I participated in this seminar for two reasons. First, the opportunity was too good to decline. By 2016, those who wish to become real estate brokers have to be graduates of the newly minted Real Estate Service college course. This seminar I attended was, in fact, a shortcut until the RESA law takes full and complete effect. I also wasn't studying at all so I had plenty of time for this seminar.

Second, I thought I was leaving for another bank. More specifically, I thought I was going back to handling housing loans. With that on my mind, I decided to be a broker and, thus, become a part of a network of  brokers. As fate would have it, I was destined for another industry (my first: business management solutions) but  the opportunity to expand my network was still present.

By next week, I'll be busy doing two things: mastering the intricacies of my new job and career and poring over my notes and books on real estate brokerage. 

Again, it's going to be hard work (I don't harbor illusions of this being easy-remember Dax!) but it's going to be fun. Right now, I'm feeling the pressure to pass the exam since I fared so badly during the mock tests. But, God willing, I'm going to pass and become a full-fledged real estate broker.

Like what Paltik would say: "It's mah dream, you know?"
Hehe.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy