Powered by Blogger.

New Laptop

08 February 2014

I'm writing this blog post using my new laptop: an Asus Vivobook X202E. It's not a laptop to brag about (my previous one was more powerful) but it's what I need: portable, light, cheap, and equipped with a touchscreen monitor. Wohoo!

Anyway, I disposed my old laptop by selling it to a former colleague. Right now, I cannot edit pictures or movies on this laptop because it's too limited. But I can still do standard office work and browsing. 

My recent purchase also reminded me of one article I read some time ago. The article's premise was this: that, eventually, owning two laptops for professionals is going to be the norm, not the exception. The first laptop is going to be a light one, a laptop built for travel and portability. The second laptop is the heavy-duty type, the one which you can replace your desktop computer with and is especially used for heavy duty tasks like video editing etc.

As for the reasons behind this phenomenon, you can read the article here.

   

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy