Powered by Blogger.

Pay Lounge

16 February 2014

So. Gaisano Mall of Davao has a pay lounge.

Actually, it's just a glorified comfort room for mall-goers who are willing to pay. It's glorified because it's on par with the comfort room of, say, a five-star hotel. It's meant to be  the opposite of the other shabby comfort rooms in the mall.

Back then, I wondered why anyone would pay to use the pay lounge. But I found out the answer last week. 

I visited the mall for my dental and had to brush and floss my teeth before going to the clinic. The regular comfort room wouldn't suffice because I didn't want to gag on toothpaste when I sniff the other 'aromas'.

So off to the pay lounge I went. I paid ten pesos to get in and went on my business. A minute or so, a guy went in and rushed to the nearest cubicle. After some time, another guy came and also dived for the nearest open cubicle.

Ahhh. Okay. So that's what this pay lounge is really for and I totally understand. To be able to poop in peace away from prying eyes and in complete privacy is something worth paying for. Payment for the service ensures exclusivity and turns the pay lounge into a semi-private venue for one's 'personal affairs'. Nice.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy