Powered by Blogger.

Interview With Paolo Bataller

07 May 2009

You’ve probably read a lot of blogs featuring this kind of discussion where the person is talking to himself or herself. And you’ve probably answered those many tags (Is that what you call them?) in Facebook where a friend of yours invites you to answer a series of dumb, stupid or thought-provoking questions for the whole world to see. I’m going to do one right now. So sit back and relax while I explain this blog away.

Scene: In the dark recesses of Paolo’s mind. A table by the sunlit window. X and Y are having a chat over cups of sweet-smelling, steaming tsokolate and puto maya.

X: Having a good time?
Y: Yup. The food tastes great. So, what are your questions again?
X: No time for pleasantries, am I correct?
Y: Yes. I’m running out of time and writing a blog is no piece of cake. Fire away.
X: Why “Ang Evangelio ni Paolo”? It’s weird.
Y: Yes. It’s weird. But that’s my mother’s family name you’re talking about so bug off. Plus, if you translate that to English, it would say “The Gospel of Paolo”. Gospel can be loosely defined as the narrative of Jesus’ life, death and resurrection. So if I say “The Gospel of Paolo”, it simply means my story, the story of Paolo Bataller. It’s corny, yes, but I’ve observed that’s a necessary requirement for every blog title.
X: Why do call yourself “Ang Ignoy” or “The Ignoramus” in English?
Y: Because it best defines who I am and I take it as a challenge. I’m ignorant about a lot of things and I am owning this as a result. Being a self-described ignoramus inspires me to learn some more. Life is too short to learn everything, so why stop learning?
X: Hmmm. This is not fun anymore. Actually, those are the only questions I have in mind right now.
Y: Oh really? You won’t ask about my plans for this blog? How I see it in the next five years?
X: Well, ok. How do you see it down the road?
Y: I actually don’t know.
X: In that case, nice talking with you, Paolo. Next time then?
Y: Next time. And I know what you’re thinking. This experiment sucked.
X: It sure did. Big time.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy