Powered by Blogger.

Earth Hour

28 March 2009

As I write, I'm getting closer to witnessing Earth Hour here in Makati. The fact that I'm going to witness the city with all its lights turned off (except maybe for the streetlights and the fast food chains. I've never witnessed Earth Hour before, you know) is nothing short of exciting.

In Davao, never did I take note of this kind of event. Life went on as usual. It's only here in Manila where I got to see posters and posters of the number "60"on almost every corner of EDSA that I felt real anticipation of Earth Hour.

Right now, I'm still not a believer but neither am I a cynic too. It's true that a lot of criticism has been thrown at the organizers of this event (one only has to surf the Internet to read all the dirt that has been thrown) but there are also a lot of people who are convinced that Earth Hour works.

As for me, I'm withholding judgment for the moment. Obviously, thinking about the implications of Earth Hour does nothing to increase my appreciation of the now star-filled sky.

Gosh. How better off will the world be if humanity was taken out of the picture?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What good is a painting if there's no one around to enjoy it?

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy