Powered by Blogger.

You Tell Me

18 December 2009

You tell me: Was I too harsh?

Two hours ago, I was grabbing something to munch at a burger joint. I was waiting for my order along with some customers.

Then, out of the shadows, three rambunctious kids approached the joint. There were from the neighborhood, kids who you would usually see strolling around the streets looking for spare change. They went straight to the woman sitting next to me and - with puppy dog eyes - begged for a peso. The woman gave one boy her drink.

Once I got my order, I proceeded to catch my ride. Another boy from the same group approached me, stretched out his hand, wore those puppy dog eyes again, and begged for one burger.

I immediately said to him, sternly, "Dili, kay manganad ka" (Rough translation: "No, because you will start to expect.")

Now, can you please tell me: was I too harsh?

2 comments:

mel said...

Oh, terribly harsh, Pao. Terribly.

Why are you so concerned anyway, Pao? Kinsa ma'y ni-point out nimo nga harsh ka? Ang babae nga nihatag sa iyang drinks? O ang bata na imong gipranka?

(Why do I bother asking. Di lang man gihapon ka mubasa---ug mutubag---sa imong comments. Tsk.)

Unknown said...

Gabasa ko oi. Kapuy lang comment. Ei Mel, pagtext ha kung when ka abot?

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy