Powered by Blogger.

I Love You Woman

07 December 2009

I found the passage below from a book I found in college, titled "Human Sexuality" by Chris Van Oosterhout and David Graham. This passage was part of an article about a contest between three ad agencies. The contest was about who could think of the best way to market "Man" to women. If I remember right, one agency marketed Man as a convenient tool to do the things women don't want to do ( "Any man will do anything to see a naked woman". I think that was the slogan.) I forgot what the second agency did (Utterly forgettable).

But the third agency made use of a love letter. Right away, I wrote its contents in my filler notebook then, saving it for posterity. Now, I'm going to put it in my blog. Hope you enjoy it. Here goes:

Woman,

I know you sometimes have doubts about me. About my feelings for you. I know you sometimes think the very qualities that make me a man, make me a pig. I'm not soft and sensitive like you. I'm self-absorbed. I'm callous. I'm a slob. I'm afraid to cry. I forget what I promised. I act like a child. I flirt when I shouldn't. I take you for granted. So I thought I should tell you my feelings so you'd know why I love you and that might remind you why you love me. We are two halves of an amazing creature. I love how we fit together so perfectly
despite our very different proportions and angles. I love the feeling of your small, delicate hand in my big clumsy paw. I love the way you know just when I need a hug. I love how you forgive me. I love how you can coax out the small boy hiding behind my macho exterior. I love how you make me feel strong and protective. I love being your best friend. I love being your opposite. I love how you make me a better human being. I love you woman. I love being your other half.

Man.

1 comment:

Adobobo said...

Barf!

Why the sudden cheesiness, Pao? We have to talk about this "Woman" at the reunion jud.

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy