Powered by Blogger.

Rejection

06 June 2009

So this is how it feels again, getting rejected.

Not to worry, my heart is still not broken. It's just that the other night, my colleagues and I were off to Makati Med since Kuya Edsel, a housemate, was finally diagnosed of dengue (he waited for 3 days for the results). We were supposed to donate blood for him in case of any eventualities but I couldn't.

Why, you say? Well, that's because, according to the intern (more on her later), my White Blood Cell count was high, implying that I may have an infection, an incoming sickness, or I may be simply tired and stressed. Either way, I wasn't allowed to be a donor because I wasn't healthy at that time.

(Now, this is ranting. Don't consider this as part of the post) I also felt "violated" because of what the intern did. She just de-virginized my right arm (Translate to "stuck a needle") by insisting that a blood sample should be taken from my right (because she would draw blood from my left). Although this may sound trivial, I didn't like the fact that she did it forcefully (she sounded pissed off when I objected) and she was breaking a self-made tradition (No needles on my strong arm. Ever. Except for life-threatening situations demanding the non-observance of absurd rules).

So there I was, a blood donor for anonymous people, who couldn't donate blood to someone he knows personally. The irony says it all.

After that, I felt slightly depressed. I couldn't help Kuya Edsel that night. I felt helpless. And, honestly, feeling helpless is the worst feeling ever.

Hopefully, by next week, I can get over this incident. Peace out, everyone.

2 comments:

blueknight's sketches said...

Pao, nagmeet mi nila Dom, Pam, Clari, Sir Mac gabi-i. We could not wait for you eh, what end of June pa? dugay. Next time nalang. Hehehe..

anyway, pao pano naging three columns ang iyong page? dugay nako nagapangita unsaon ni. kay taas kaayo ang akong page, daghan kaayo ug nakabutang. better kung tulo ka columns para kita dayon tanan.

Unknown said...

Hello Kar. Try going to www.btemplates.com. Nagpili lang man gud kog blog template na three columns. Wala na nako ni gimano-mano sa html kay maka-48 years ko.

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy