Powered by Blogger.

The Contest

06 June 2009

Ah finally, a new goal just came up.

I was walking home yesterday with a housemate/colleague of mine and we drifted towards talking about our compensation. The next thing we know, we thought up this contest between the two of us.

The contest is about who will get the biggest monthly paycheck after two years (or, to be more technical, after June 5, 2011). Because of my pride, I gladly accepted the challenge and besides, it fits well with the vision I have in mind.

My colleague probably had the guts to start this contest (or was that me?) because he had something valuable. He was a BASIS SAP consultant and professionals like him, who also possess the same kind of expertise and knowledge, were paid extremely well; salaries for SAP consultants can go sky-high because these consultants are a rare breed.

As for me, I have nothing special to speak of: no special knowledge, skills or anything that is uniquely mine. But I do have (or I wish to have) an entrepreneurial spirit and I hope this will be enough to win this contest.

Clearly, I'm the underdog here. But what's to stop me from still competing? After all, the only prize we get are bragging rights. I guess that's a small price to pay for a bruised ego.

But then again, who said I won't win?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pao. May we know who the challenger is? The last time we talked, it was Quintin Tolentino who was your competitor for the "who-to-be-the-first-one-to-get-one's-work-published-in-INQ's-Youngblood" contest. Also, pwede makisosyo sa negosyo mo? Hehe.Choz (o yan ginamit ko na ung word na yan so you won't confuse 'manizer' with me).

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy