Powered by Blogger.

Lingkod Ng Panginoon

16 August 2013

Lingkod Ng Panginoon (LNP) is a Catholic lay organization composed of single professionals. It's main mission is to bring Christ to the workplace. 

My first touch with the organization was when Ma'am Che invited me along to a talent showcase of sorts. Actually, she had invited all the single guys in the office but I was the only one interested enough to go with her. 

That first encounter with the group was utterly forgettable. I met a few familiar faces in college and that was it. You could say I wasn't into LNP then because I didn't need it. Yet.

Flash forward to 2013. Mel, my classmate in college, had sent a text message (out of the blue) that she'd attended a prayer meeting with the group. I was jobless then and bored so I asked her to invite me to the next. 

My second encounter with the group got off to a wrong start. Coincidentally, a freak rainstorm befell Davao City that Friday night and I was entertaining doubts whether I should proceed or not. I finally made up my mind and braved the rain. 

As usual, I was late but the welcome was instantaneous. When I entered the room, a lot of people began saying hello to me, a complete stranger, and, frankly, I was taken aback. The first thought that went into my mind was "Feeling close lagi mo" but I refrained from acting on my first impulse. Later that night, Brother Franco announced that there will be a Christian Life Seminar series the following week and, as a guest, I was invited to join. The rest, as the cliche goes, is history.

Right now, I'm not a committed brother yet or someone who is already a member of the organization. But I'm leaning towards becoming one because I like what I see. 

In the past year, there were many times when I struggled to look for God. There were many temptations back then and I was wondering if clinging on to principles I've held since was worth all the trouble. During the seminar, I came to know that perhaps my troubles with my faith and its demands could be traced back to my lack of a community, of a group of like-minded people who share the values that I hold. Perhaps, this organization is a key to again let God into my life.

I don't want to say this is part of a divine plan or a grand design. But I do recognize an opportunity when I see one. Joining Lingkod may not be my best decision yet but I know it's going to make me a better person, a better Christian, and maybe a better friend. It may also be a chance to not just be blessed but be a blessing to other people (like what that other guy stressed about last week). 

Tonight, there's a fellowship I'll be attending and I'll be meeting brothers and sisters while having fun and hanging out. Let's see where God takes me from here. Chill.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy