Powered by Blogger.

Arrested Development

17 August 2013

This is not a review. This is simply a heads up for those who haven't come across this show.

Yesterday, I finished watching the final episode of Season 3 of Arrested Development. 

Though my mind is still reeling at watching four episodes in rapid succession, I have to say, like the rest of its fans, that I'm impressed. Like how one critic puts it, each episode is built on the dysfunctional tendencies of each character who inevitably contributes to the comedic chaos that ensues. In sum, the show is an intelligent comedy that one can binge on any day.

My favorite character to hate is of course Tobias Funke, the suspiciously gay married guy who was formerly a psychologist (before he lost his medical license) and is now an aspiring actor. He's got to be the most infuriating character ever because of his utter lack of self-awareness and obliviousness to his actions and demeanor. He's the biggest contradiction in the show, considering his background in psychology against his stupidity or his being dimwitted. 

Definitely, the show is a must-watch. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll start watching Season 4.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy