Powered by Blogger.

Pugad Baboy And Pol Medina, Jr.

17 June 2013

As you know, Pol Medina has left Philippine Daily Inquirer, purportedly, because of the comic strip which talks about an all-girls school with a thriving lesbian population. I say "purportedly" because it doesn't explain why Pol would say in his resignation letter that he's dishonored his boss. I guess there are some things that the media just isn't curious about at all.

As I've mentioned in an earlier post, I've been building my collection of Pugad Baboy compilations. It's still not complete but at least I only have a few books left that I still have to collect: the origin graphic novel of Polgas, the latest books, and books number 3 and 7.

It's been interesting how Pol Medina, Jr. has evolved over the years. From his earlier strips which usually featured green or brown jokes or obesity-related humor, Mr. Medina has moved on to using his strip as a political commentary dousing each strip with a tiny bit of comedy just to make sure it has the requisite punchline.


My books so far:























1 comment:

Ogs said...

blessing in disguise tong pagresign nya by the way... he's now working for rappler.com :)

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy