Powered by Blogger.

Go Spurs

15 June 2013

I'm rooting for the Spurs. As always, I root for the underdog in every NBA Finals series. The reason is ludicrous but that's how my mind works when it comes to watching NBA Finals.

This is ironic because, back in 2007, I was rooting for the Cavaliers led by Lebron James. I thought that since the Spurs had won four championships already, it's best that the other team win the whole thing.

Now, I'm all out for the Spurs and not because they are seemingly the underdogs. Like some who perceive the NBA Finals as a battle between good and evil, a convenient yet false dichotomy, I perceive the Spurs as the good guys, representing what is pure and noble in the profession. 

The Heat on the other hand have Lebron James and his infamous shortcut to a championship (The Decision, remember?). They have Wade, the dirty flopper, Chris Bosh, the softy crybaby, Ray Allen, the "traitor", Mario Chalmers, who's quite smug. It's not fair for these guys to be labeled as such but, then again, the Heat team is quite arrogant to begin with. 

And who could blame them? They hold, after all, the best regular season record. 

Go Spurs. Pound them to the dust. 

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy