Powered by Blogger.

Pugad Baboy

19 December 2010

My love affair with Pugad Baboy started a long time ago.

We were staying in the home of one of Papa's distant relatives in Pampanga. My sister and I were fresh from a YFC-ILC in Clark Expo and were sleeping in their home prior to our return trip to Davao.

Our relative had this bookshelf full of Pugad Baboy books. These were anthologies, compilations, of the comic strip series. Finding nothing else to do, I decided to read one book. By then, I was hooked. I remember still being awake in the wee hours of the morning, trying to read the rest of the series before we had to leave that place. That was my first encounter.

Flash forward to 2009. I was an unemployed bum, trying to look for something interesting in the mall. I happened to drop by a bookstore and saw a Pugad Baboy book on sale. The price was still pretty steep but I bought it anyway and the idea dawned on me, "Why not buy the rest of the series instead? That way, I'll have a collection of my own and have a few laughs as well."

So I proceeded to buy another, and another, and another still. Right now, I think I have an almost-complete set: the two Sunday compilation issues, and the yearly books. What I don't have though are the following: Pugad Baboy 3, Pugad Baboy 7, and Pugad Baboy 8. Unfortunately, the mentioned books appear to be out of stock (no mention of these in eBay either).

So if you can help me complete my "collection", I'd be most glad. You're going to make one guy really, really happy.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy