Powered by Blogger.

Thesis

31 December 2011

I miss my thesis. Or to put it more clearly, I want to put it in this blog.

Even now, I can still say my thesis was the best piece of prose I have ever written. Needless to say, a lot of effort was put into it, with me writing most of the critical parts in the work.

The thesis was all about the symbols inherent in the design motifs found in the dagmay, the traditional textile woven by the weavers of the Mandaya tribe.

 Unfortunately, the soft copy of my thesis died a long time ago. Our computer crashed several years back (I was in Manila then) and the hard disk was wiped clean.

Now, I consider that a loss and a hard one at that. So, for 2012, I intend to hire someone to encode my thesis for me. The only remaining copies, I believe, are the printed versions now safely kept inside the college library and the shelves of the Humanities Division.

After this project is over, I'll have a good digital copy of my work and I'll make sure it's backed up. I'll also be putting everything in this blog so anyone interested in the thesis, as a reference and as a starting point for further research, can look it up anytime.

One of these days. One of these days.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy