Powered by Blogger.

Facebook

31 December 2011

I signed up for Facebook last 2008. 

It was out of necessity. My office mates were posting pictures of our gimmicks on the site and I wished to view them. So I added myself up as an "FB" user so I could be tagged in these photos. It was fun.

Then came the period when I was an unemployed bum. I spent my new-found leisure time playing those internet games in the site and skimming at the news feed every minute or so.

I finally found work eventually and what had been a love affair with Facebook for over a year eventually faded to a weekly cursory glance. I added "friends", glanced at their profiles, and moved on. I posted pictures but my interest in Facebook was apparently diminished.

It didn't help that Sir Dom, one of the guys I idolized back in college, had already "killed" himself in Facebook. He had already closed his FB account and lived to tell about it.

I, for one, didn't go to such extremes but I had mentioned every now and then how life would be so easy if I just simply signed off.

Nowadays, Facebook, for me, is simply Facebook. Just when a lot of the people I know in Davao have begun to rave about it, just when it has become ubiquitous, I finally got bored. I still log in every week but it's merely a product of habit rather than a forced compulsion or an itching desire.

Facebook, thank you. But I now relegate you to the netherworld of my past life. Along with Plurk.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy