Powered by Blogger.

Happy Singles Awareness Day! Again...

13 February 2010

It's a bit surprising that, even after a year, some things never do change. I'm still single and most people I know who are single are still single too. And as Mel succinctly puts it, being single rocks.

I guess the many benefits that go with our status are already quite known. Essentially, there's the freedom (and the money "saved" too). And though I also get to wonder what it would be like with a girlfriend, it's not something that I sorely crave. Any relationship that I might have missed is now overly compensated by my relationships with my family, friends, and colleagues.

But I still have to ask: what really happened, Pao? Why, after 23 years on Earth, I'm still the NGSB (No Girlfriend Since Birth) kind-of-guy, who is occasionally taunted as a closet gay? To put it honestly, I don't really know what happened. It's a mystery I can't solve.

Fortunately, my being single gives me a unique perspective at looking at things. And there are some things in how courtship is being done these days that catch my fancy and leave me amused. After all, not being "in love" doesn't mean not appreciating the efforts of those who are.

Maybe, next time, I can belt out these observations in a post or two. Until then.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy