Powered by Blogger.

Pedicure

20 February 2010

So much for my vanity.

I was ambling along Ponciano to my next destination yesterday when I saw this parlor with a huge sign at the front "Pedicure-P50.00". Normally, I would have ignored the sign but I was wearing slippers at that time and a little voice was speaking to me, saying that I could give it a shot. Besides, my toenails weren't a sight to behold with and I thought that if I had to wear slippers, I had to wear them in style. And that meant clean nails.

So, I went inside and a lady promptly started observing my nails. I confess I was a bit insecure but I appeared nonchalant still, trying to pretend that I was simply another metrosexual out for his nth pedicure.

The ritual had begun. The lady had started nipping away the cuticles and sides of my nails. There were times when I had to suppress a grimace because it really got painful, especially when the lady kept nipping away at my big toes. After what seemed an eternity, I was off and I courteously thanked the lady.

It was while walking that I finally grasped the extent of the damage. Underneath the gloss of the newly applied nail polish, the sides of some of my toes were bleeding. Moreover, walking suddenly became a chore. I had to be careful to really step on my heels because if I stepped on my toes, the nails pinched and hurt.

What did I gain from my experience? Well, I did get more politically correct feet. But I also felt like I was stepping on glass every time (no basketball for the meantime, for me). And I can't help but wonder why there some women who, despite the pain involved in the procedure, continue to have pedicures every other day.

Hmmm...

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy