Powered by Blogger.

Voting For The Top

11 May 2010

I voted for Villar. Enough said.

In my humble opinion, he would have made a good President. Amidst the accusations he faced from his opponents, I believe he was the most competent, the most reliable of all the candidates for the presidency. He had the skills set, the background, and the story to back it all up. Unfortunately, all the black propaganda caught up with him and he was a doomed man.

Some had said I should check the facts about Villar. Yes, I did that and more. Yet, in the end, I still winded up voting for him. He was simply better than the competition (LASER).

What attracted me initially to voting Villar was the storyline of his ascent. From the masses, he climbed up the corporate ladder, made his own name, got filthy rich, then vowed to do the same for the rest ( Perfectly fits "The Great Equalizer" theory of mine. More on that later). His was a success story like no other and his message was compelling in itself ( An Entrepreneurial Revolution. I would have loved to see that). In addition, perhaps, I was being too naive, but I wanted someone who wouldn't pander to any one's interests while already in office and Villar was that man. Oh well...

For vice-president, I voted for Binay because he's the mayor of Makati and Mar Roxas doesn't keep his word and Bayani Fernando doesn't believe in consensus ( Although I'm starting to experience "voter's remorse" because his background is a little sketchy at best and his achievements as mayor is mostly due to circumstance and not to sheer bureaucratic genius. I should have checked on him more closely even if his position is *ahem* a mere ceremonial appointment).

So that's it for my series of posts about how I voted. As you can see, most of my candidates didn't win. But, if it's any consolation, I'm still okay with the candidates who got their posts. Until the next elections, then. And for the candidates who did win, here are my parting words: I'll be watching you.

1 comment:

Ron-ron said...

Hay naku pao, I felt bad about your choice of candidates. Villar-Binay? Ano to, because they share the same rags to riches story? Ok fine, you have other more compelling reasons katulad nga ng sinabi mo. Opinion lang naman to dong. Peace. I sincerely respect your decision, as I respect the outcome of the national elections. The people have spoken. And it's Noy-Bi. But I agree, we'll be watching.

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy